Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Memoirs of First Ramadhan 1429

Puasa has begun and the month of Ramadhan brings families closer. This is the time when i will usually get together 'balik kampong' to break fast with my mom, dad and my other siblings. Since yesterday is a public holiday, everyone was at ease so we went off around 4pm. Living away from parent is a lot different. That is why even as busy as everyone in the family gets, spending time together especially in this holy month, for me is very important.

First ramadhan is quality time with my big family. On our way, we stop at the roadside of Bengkurong/Junjongan junction. Coz i know mum like Lauk Salai so i simply must get her this favourite delicacy. This year i will be missing my favorite air kausar as the old woman where i use to bought it from died tragically few months ago. Al Fatihah to her. I will forever remember her as the old woman who make the best air kausar!

And so we all gathered around 6 at my parents house. Dad cook my favorite 'gulai campur'. My sister bought 'Pais Daging' and i was a glutton! Hubby was laughing at me for being such hehe Everyone was in a jolly mood, even after sungkai.

Discussion were made on when to visit the kubur, trying to fix appropriate date to fit on everyone's calendar. Belait first then Kilanas and Mulaut.

Yea, just how i want it to be, like last year.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

good story telling...touching memories..lurus kah english ku ah??? apa tu lea englis nya lea??hahahahahha

 

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign