Monday, October 29, 2007

On The Eve of Hari Raya




It's 12th of October and its the eve of Hari Raya। Most people will gather tonight with their families. Nothing can beat Raya celebration at the kampong. Yes, 'Balik Kampong' and celebrate the raya eve is meaningful to most bruneian families. Since i am living at the heart of Bandar, spending time with the whole family 'balik kampong' is one of my top priority. Most of the time, i am pretty much preoccupied with work, work and work. I just couldn't wait to gather with my family. 7 pm and my other siblings had arrived earlier and i can hear my favorite nephew asking on the phone if i will play 'bunga api' with him.





Number 12 was already prepared with his boxes of 'badils'। In the car on my way home to kampong, many times i could see fireworks litting the sky and the sound of firecrackers, making me more eager to reach the destination which i love most। Yes, its the place where i was born। I managed to capture some photos. I would feel so empty if i was alone that night. That night, mom and dad were busy preparing the house and kueh raya.





0 comments:

 

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign